- Feeds on crustaceans and small fishes.
- Hunts solitarily or cooperatively in small groups.
- In Japan, spawning reportedly occurs after sunset. Each time, females spawn two mucous sacks, and each sack contains a few thousand eggs. The mucus helps to deter egg-eating predators.
- Spines are venomous, and can cause a painful sting to humans.
- Vertical reddish-brown bars on each side of the body with alternate, narrower vertical white bars.
- Stripped or spotted fins.
- Usually with tentacles above eyes.
Common Name: Zebra turkeyfish
Family Common Name: Scorpionfishes
Scientific Name: Dendrochirus zebra ___(Cuvier, 1829)
Maximum Length: 25 cm (Standard Length)