- Often observed in small groups but can form large group containing up to a hundred individuals.
- Feeds on crustaceans, molluscs and small fishes. Able to extend jaws to catch food when foraging.
- Body elongate.
- Colouration metallic blue dorsally, silvery ventrally
- A broad golden-yellow lateral stripe running from upper eye margin to caudal peduncle.
- A prominent black spot at edge of gill cover.
Common Name: Yellow-banded scad, Yellowstripe scad
Family Common Name: Jacks
Scientific Name: Selaroides leptolepis ___(Cuvier, 1833)
Maximum Length: 22 cm (Total Length)