- Recorded singly and in small groups.
- Males can change sex to female.
- Feeds on a large variety of organisms, including mangroves, seagrass, algae, crustaceans, gastropods, bivalves, sponges, polychaetes, echinoderms and various fishes.
- Body silvery.
- Pelvic, anal fins and lower part of caudal fin are yellow.
- Similar in appearance to the Goldlined seabream, but readily distinguishable by a more pointed snout and lack of horizontal yellow lines on the body.
Common Name: Yellowfin seabream
Family Common Name: Porgies
Scientific Name: Acanthopagrus latus ___(Houttuyn, 1782)
Maximum Length: 38.6 cm (Total Length)