- Observed to occur singly.
- Feeds on small fishes including rabbitfishes.
- Body colour varies among individuals depends on habitat, ranging from brownish to reddish. Well camouflaged and can easily be overlooked.
- Occasionally with a distinct white patch on head.
- Numerous fleshy cirri over body and around lips.
- Spines contain venom and can inflict serious and painful wounds to human.
Common Name: Hairy stingfish, Weedy stingfish
Family Common Name: Scorpionfishes
Scientific Name: Scorpaenopsis c.f. cirrosa ___(Thunberg, 1793)
Maximum Length: 23.1 cm (Standard Length)