- Often recorded singly.
- Maximum age is around 30 years old.
- Matures at around 7 years old. Most females also reported to mature at about 12 cm (Standard Length).
- In Hong Kong, breeding season is between November and March.
- Body pinkish dorsally and silvery ventrally.
- Closely packed blue spots lined up to form several horizontal stripes on each side of the body.
- First two spines on dorsal fin are long and filamentous. Similar in appearance to the Whipfin silver-biddy, but differs by having two elongated filaments, instead of only one.
Common Name: Threadfin porgy
Family Common Name: Porgies
Scientific Name: Evynnis cardinalis ___(Lacepède, 1802)
Maximum Length: 40 cm (Total Length)