- Polygynous. Males guard and take care of eggs during mating season.
- Mainly feeds on plankton.
- Body from bluish, greenish to whitish.
- Four vertical dark bars on body and one on caudal peduncle.
- Two black stripes on the upper and lower lobs of caudal fin. The stripe on the upper lob reaches caudal peduncle.
Common Name: Scissor-tail sergeant, Scissortail sergeant
Family Common Name: Damselfishes
Scientific Name: Abudefduf sexfasciatus ___(Lacepède, 1801)
Maximum Length: 19 cm (Total Length)