- Occurs singly.
- Feeds on small fishes, crustaceans, worms and snails.
- In Taiwan, reported to be able to change sex from female to male. Females mature at 12.5 cm (Standard Length). Most sexual transition estimated to occur at around 2 – 3 years old (around 14 – 16 cm Standard Length).
- Body colour greyish brown.
- Numerous small yellowish brown to brown dots on head and body.
- Five slightly oblique dark to brown bars along body with first two being darker dorsally.
Common Name: Rock grouper
Family Common Name: Groupers
Scientific Name: Epinephelus fasciatomaculosus ___(Peters, 1865)
Maximum Length: 30 cm (Total Length)