- Usually occurs singly or in schools.
- Observed to associate with floating objects, such as buoys.
- Feeds on small fishes and small invertebrates.
- Most individuals mature before attending 66 cm (Fork Length) .
- Body elongated.
- Dorsally yellow to olive. Ventrally silvery.
- Two horizontal blue stripes extend from head to caudal peduncle.
- Tail forked.
Common Name: Rainbow runner
Family Common Name: Jacks
Scientific Name: Elagatis bipinnulata ___(Quoy & Gaimard, 1825)
Maximum Length: 180 cm (Total Length)