- Feeds on fishes and invertebrates.
- Maximum recorded age is 26 years old.
- Females first mature after reaching 90 cm (Standard length).
- Hong Kong is not within the known natural distribution range of the Potato grouper and individuals may have been introduced to local waters by fish-release or escape from maricultures, raising concerns for their potential impacts on the local ecology.
- Body pale brownish grey, with several large dark brown to black blotches.
- Head with dark brown dots and stirpes radiate from eyes.
- Large adults may be entirely black.
Common Name: Potato grouper
Family Common Name: Groupers
Scientific Name: Epinephelus tukula ___(Morgans, 1959)
Maximum Length: 200 cm (Total Length)