- Mostly observed singly, occasionally in small groups. Small individuals in group of five or even more.
- Feeds on crustaceans, foraminiferans and worms.
- Body colouration yellowish and reddish brown dorsally and white to pale-pink ventrally.
- Two dark reddish to yellowish brown bands running along the body.
- A pair of prominent and movable barbel situated under the chin.
Common Name: Pointed goatfish
Family Common Name: Goatfishes
Scientific Name: Parupeneus biaculeatus ___(Richardson, 1846)
Maximum Length: 19 cm (Standard Length)