- Occasionally seen swimming in the water column to feed on zooplankton.
- May occur in larger groups, with more than 100 individuals in an aggregation.
- Females attach eggs to substrate such as rocks, and males guard the eggs until hatching.
- Body colour grey to brown
- A distinctive white spot at posterior base of the dorsal fin.
- A dark spot at base of pectoral fin.
- Prominent dark margin on upper and lower lobes of caudal fin.
Common Name: Pearl-spot chromis
Family Common Name: Damselfishes
Scientific Name: Chromis notata ___(Temminck & Schlegel, 1843)
Maximum Length: 17 cm (Total Length)