- An individual was recorded once at Sharp Island during the survey, suspected to have been artificially introduced.
- Elsewhere, may occur singly or in pairs.
- Feeds on small fishes and small crustaceans.
- Spines venomous.
- Body colour variable – can be pink-purple, white, yellow or brown.
- Body and head highly laterally compressed.
- Dorsal fin enlarged, standing tall when fully opened.
- Leafy appendages on eyes.
Common Name: Leaf scorpionfish
Family Common Name: Scorpionfishes
Scientific Name: Taenianotus triacanthus ___Lacepède, 1802
Maximum Length: 10 cm (Total Length)