- Recorded singly.
- Mainly feeds on fishes and crustaceans.
- Most females are sexually mature at around 3 years old and most males become
- sexually mature at around 4 years old.
- Body, head and fins brown to greyish with numerous polygonal to circular
- A white saddle at the anterior part of dorsal fin and another white saddle at
mid dorsal fin.
- Spots are less dense in younger individuals. In young juveniles, white saddles
are very bright and other parts of the body are much darker than in adults.
Common Name: Highfin grouper
Family Common Name: Groupers
Scientific Name: Epinephelus maculatus ___(Bloch, 1790)
Maximum Length: 60.5 cm (Total Length)