- Often recorded singly and in schools. Schools of more than 50 individuals have been observed in Hong Kong.
- In the Mediterranean, it was found that this species primarily fed on fishes, as well as cephalopods.
- Body bluish grey dorsally and silvery white ventrally.
- May have a horizontal amber stripe on sides.
- In adults, there is a dark diagonal stripe beginning from the lips and running across the eyes. Stripe ends at the origin of first dorsal fin.
- In juveniles, there are several dark vertical bars on the sides.
Common Name: Greater amberjack
Family Common Name: Jacks
Scientific Name: Seriola dumerili ___(Risso, 1810)
Maximum Length: 190 cm (Total Length)