- Feeds on fishes, crabs, lobsters, juvenile turtles and even small sharks.
- The largest coral reef dwelling bony fish.
- Body dark brown with white mottling. Completely dark brown in large adults.
- Fins yellowish with black spots and pattern. Fins darker in larger adults.
- Body black with yellow bars and patches.
- A large yellow patch on the anterior part of dorsal fin.
- A yellow bar on mid body, another bar on the anterior part on caudal
- Tail yellow with black spots.
Common Name: Giant grouper
Family Common Name: Groupers
Scientific Name: Epinephelus lanceolatus ___(Bloch, 1790)
Maximum Length: 270 cm (Total Length)