Often recorded singly.
Curious and may approach divers.
- Body colour varies with habitats, but is generally reddish brown.
- Several horizontal white lines or white dots on the body.
- A black spot on the gill cover.
- White lines/dots and black spot may fade in adults.
- In adult males, the first two spines on dorsal fin may have extended filaments.
Common Name: Cockerel wrasse
Family Common Name: Wrasses
Scientific Name: Pteragogus enneacanthus ___(Bleeker, 1853)
Maximum Length: 15 cm (Total Length)