- Large individuals usually occur singly. Smaller individuals usually form schools.
- Mainly feeds on crustaceans.
- Studies suggest juveniles mimic jellyfish in appearance to avoid being preyed upon.
- Body silvery, usually with bluish or greenish colour.
- Tail forked.
- Juveniles with very long filaments (several times of body length) on dorsal and anal fins. Filaments become shorter relative to body with growth, and eventually disappear in large adults.
Common Name: African pompano
Family Common Name: Jacks
Scientific Name: Alectis ciliaris ___(Bloch, 1787)
Maximum Length: 150 cm (Total Length)